Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hello Mrs. Sims


Well,
I am engaged to the love of my life...Jill and I will be getting married on January 31st, which will be 1 year that we will have been together. It is hard to believe it has already been a year. Especially since so much has happened during the last 10 months. I can truly say that it has been the happiest 10 months of my life, and I only see it continuing. Since it is not the first time down the alter for either of us, we are not having a big old shindig. Instead we have decided to have a small ceremony in Lake Tahoe, with just family and close friends.

I know that many will say it is too soon since our divorces, or that we haven't been together long enough to get married. But I can tell you that I have never been more sure of anything in my life. When I look at Jill, I just know that she is the one I am supposed to be with for the rest of my life. I never would have believed that the way I feel about her was even possible. What we have is like what you see in the movies, and I always believed that it wasn't reality to be so in love with someone. But I could not have been more wrong! Jill really does complete me, and I can't believe I just said that as corny and as Hollywood as it sounds, but its true! She really does make me a better person, and I can not imagine life without her. And I want the whole world to know just how important she is to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! It is obvious that you found true love. Best wishes.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations dude! I don't care if you've been together 10 minutes - if it makes my Derek happy then it makes me happy!

BTW, we are having the twins birthday party here on Sunday the 28th @ 3pm. You are all invited, and it is a costume party so if you come you better be dressed like the little bitch that you are.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Derek & Jill...now you'll be Mr & Mrs. Freakshow lol love ya guys, char

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see you guys in Tahoe. Jill - he's the perfect guy for you. You both deserve the best.

Love you!!

Deby