Thursday, August 12, 2004

Scary as Hell! I have been playing Doom 3 for about a week now, and I have to say it is the most frightening game I have ever played. To the point where I almost wet myself. ID Software did a tremendous job creating atmosphere, from the hum of machinery around you to the sound of a fan whirring above your head to the constant moaning, you really find yourself immersed especially if you play as I do, with the lights off and headphones on. It really blows me away how well polished this game is. While the game really adds no new innovation to the first person genre, it by far raises the bar for all FPS games. At first it really bothered me that I couldn't use the flashlight at the same time as a weapon, but now I see how much more it adds to the equation when something is coming for you and you have to turn out the light to switch to your weapon. It really does make your pulse pound. And the graphics are amazing, even with my ATI Radeon 9800 pro. While it is priced higher than most games at $54.99 but worth every penny.

2 comments:

WNW said...

What about Far Cry?

Big D Sims said...

Its pretty good too, but I keep going back to doom 3