Thursday, September 08, 2005

I am so pissed off at the Bush administrations' handling of hurricane katrina, that just thinking about it makes me want to punch something. Don't get me started. Put up a bunch of pictures of Peyton, from the safety fair i put on at safeway, and some of her 2 favorite new outfits, the bella ballerina outfit(cause Bella Atkinson had one)and the princess nightgown. I am not sleeping well at night for a few weeks now, not sure why, but I think it is stress related. Watched the Ring for the first time, not bad! Love the new Hulk game: Hulk SMASH! And have really gotten into Grand Theft Auto San Andreas again, damn addictive. I will probably be switching from DSL to cable internet, charter finally got cable internet in Gearhart, and it is 3mb vs the 1.5mb dsl I have through Qwest for less money. The only thing I don't like is the upload speed sucks! 250kb is pathetic, I have 892 with DSL! Oh well, should be much faster download though. Rachelle and I went and saw Garbage at the Arlene Schnitzer Auditorium in Portland last weekend, and the show was amazing. Not a huge venue, just a few thousand people, and they looked and sounded fantastic as they always do live. The opening band was a group called The Thermals, a local Portland band. They were pretty damn good, and had a cool black chick bass player in rubber boots and a fro. We had pretty good seats, in the orchestra section but were off to one side, until a guy came over and asked if he could switch seats to sit next to some friends, his seats were dead center about 1 row further back. Anyway we had a great time, and I couldn't hear right for 2 days. We have been really watering the sections of the lawn that died, and they are coming back nicely, I think I have the only green yard in the neighborhood.

10 comments:

Rob said...

how the hell do you have an 892 upload speed with dsl? 892?? No way.. and why would you care about upload speed? You do a lot of uploading? You should get the 30th off this month.. taproot and chevelle are playing at the roseland.

Big D Sims said...

I have always had the fast upload, it is nice when putting pics on the net and stuff. I am off on the 30th i think, but rachelle is out of town, and I will have peyton.

Rob said...

WUSSY

WNW said...

Comcast suxors

Rob said...

comcast has always worked fine for me, and I've used it for a couple years.. what problems do you have with it?

WNW said...

the upload speeds suck and it will go out sporadically in the winter...plus it's too freaking expensive

Big D Sims said...

how much you pay for 3mb?

Rob said...

its not too expensive, it includes basic cable too

WNW said...

$55 a month. And basic cable is like 13 channels

Rob said...

so what would be better?