Friday, March 10, 2006

NES Turned 20 Last Month


It is hard to believe that Nintendo has been around for 20 freakin years. Damn, I loved my Nintendo Entertainment System. Here is a great article and video on Gamespot. I was all about R.O.B. the Robot, my Nintendo Zapper (not the lame ass orange one, I had an original grey one until my dumbass brother Rob broke the barrel off when he got pissed at the Duck Hunt Dog), the Power Pad, the NES Advantage, the Quickshot Joystick, Nintendo Power Magazine, Nintendo Cereal System, and everything else Nintendo. I really wanted a Power Glove, but fortunately for me I could never afford that suck ass peripheral. I love Mario of course, Gumshoe, Tecmo Super Bowl, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Duck Hunt, Contra, and even Gyromite & Bubble Bobble. But I think my absolute favorite NES game had to be Zelda, the gold cartridge, how many other games had a damn battery for god's sake. I loved NES, even if I had to give the system a blow just to play a game, that seems wrong somehow...

6 comments:

Rob said...

Dude!! I broke the gun when I was playing Gumshoe! Duckhunt was easy, c'mon man. You know how frustrating gumshoe could be.. I mean, those sea urchins sucked!

Big D Sims said...

And that was why the game rocked. It took skill, not brute force. You still owe me for that you bastard.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't using brute force for the game, I was pissed because I kept falling on the urchins, I was skilled, I kicked the zooley's ass! I don't owe you anything except for a slap in the mouth.

Rob said...

why did that post as anonymous? Lame!

Big D Sims said...

I would really like to see you "try" to slap me in the mouth little bro!

WNW said...

FIGHT!